Kelly Bacon is a licensed general contractor with over 40 years of experience in construction, home building and remodeling, and commercial building.
- Member of The Spruce Home Improvement Review Board
- 40+ years experience in construction, home building and renovation, and commercial building
- Currently licensed in Utah (contractor number 10521202-5501)
- Residential framing crew member in the Denver area
- Working Superintendent on multiple ground up restaurants
- Started subcontract firm for specialty commercial wall finishes
- Currently the Application Partner for Marlite Surface Systems in the Rocky Mountain region
Since the late 1970s, Kelly has learned the trade of building and renovating homes, and in 1984, he became a licensed subcontractor on commercial projects. He is currently the working superintendent on multiple ground-up restaurants, a residential framing crew member in the Denver area, and application partner for Marlite Surface Systems. He has built several custom homes since he began subcontracting, and he started a subcontract firm for specialty commercial wall finishes.
At the start of 2000, Kelly was selected to represent Marlite's architectural wall finish division in the Rocky Mountain region. Since that time, he has commercially installed custom wall panels in healthcare, education, government and commercial office projects in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Idaho and Utah. Kelly currently holds a contractor's license in Utah.
A Word From Kelly Bacon
"I have been in the building industry for virtually all my adult life. It is something that is in my blood and I truly enjoy to this day. I am looking forward to working with The Spruce help readers who want the satisfaction of building something big or fixing things around the house. A little knowledge, planning, and willingness will make the job smoother and professional-looking. I hope to help The Spruce readers enjoy and complete their next project."
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.